Even if you’ve spent your whole life running from God or done things you regret, He still loves you and wants to have a relationship with you.
God’s love is unconditional and infinite — far far beyond what even the best of people are capable of. God commands those who follow Him to love one another.
The Bible says God loves you whatever state your life is in.
These verses from the Bible remind us of God’s wonderful, extravagant, amazing, unstoppable and unconditional love.
If you are struggling to believe that God loves you as you are, take some time to think about these verses. You could pray after reading each scripture or journal about one verse each day.
1. God’s love is perfect and is a model for how to love.
Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. – 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Can you imagine being loved like this?
It would change your life. Everyone needs this type of love, but if you expect it from another person, you will be let down. God is the only one who can love you perfectly. And when you have a relationship with God and experience His love, it empowers you to love others the way God loves you.
2. When you fully experience God’s love, you have nothing to fear
Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced His perfect love. 1 John 4:18
When you understand that God loves you no matter what, you no longer need to be afraid of your failings causing Him to love you less. If you could only truly know the depth of God’s love, you would have nothing to fear.
God already knows about the wrong things you’ve done as well as any you will do. He still chose to love you.
3. You are secure in your relationship with God: Nothing can separate you from God’s love.
Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? Does it mean He no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death? … No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us. And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow — not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below — indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:35, 37-39
God is more powerful than anything in heaven or on earth. When you accept Jesus’ invitation to begin a relationship with God, you are secure in His love forever. There is nothing powerful enough to separate you from God’s love. Even when things are difficult or you feel far from God, it’s not because God stops loving you. The truth is that God will never stop loving you, no matter what you do.
4. God’s love is too great to fully understand.
And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep His love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God. Ephesians 3:18-19
God’s love is so great that we, as mere humans, cannot fully understand it. Humans’ love for one another often depends at least partly on the behavior of the person being loved. God’s love for us does not.
Do you long to be known and loved for who you are? God is the only one who can truly do that.
5. God’s love is a shield surrounding you and keeping you safe.
But let all who take refuge in You rejoice; let them sing joyful praises forever. Spread Your protection over them, that all who love Your name may be filled with joy. For You bless the godly, O LORD; You surround them with Your shield of love. Psalm 5:11-12
God’s love is so much more than the warm fuzzy feeling we often associate with the word love. His love is a powerful force, protecting and comforting us. Being in God’s love is a position of not just joy but also safety.
When you run to God for protection, He surrounds you with His shield of love. Think about that image for a while. Experience the security you have because God’s love surrounds you. Let His love flood your mind with a sense of peace and comfort.
- Discover how you can have a personal relationship with the God who loves you. If you have yet to experience the amazing depth of God’s love, you can begin a relationship with Him right now. Find out how to know God personally
- Do you truly believe that God loves you as much as the Bible says He does?
- If not, think of a way to remind yourself of God’s love for you throughout the day. Write your favorite verses about God’s love on sticky notes and stick them on your bathroom mirror or around your workspace. Memorize a few of these verses and repeat them to yourself when you are feeling far from God.
- If you believe that God loves you, how does it influence the way you live? Do you believe your Father, who loves you dearly, is the most powerful force in the universe? What would look different in your life if you lived in light of this truth?
Whatsapp the word Know to above number to connect with us.