A HIGH-SPEED CONNECTION
How is the Christian life like technology? It’s an interesting question, and I believe many helpful parallels can be found between faith and our high-tech world.
Have you ever tried to download a file that’s dozens, or even hundreds, of megabytes in size? Depending on your connection speed, you may be informed that the download might take several hours, or even days, to complete! However, if you have a very strong connection, the same download might take just a few minutes. The difference is incredible, isn’t it?
Similarly, have you noticed that certain Christians seem to have a much better connection with God than others? Maybe you’ve seen this contrast even more during this pandemic. Yet, here’s what the Bible says: “‘In truth, I perceive that God shows no partiality. But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him.’” (Acts 10:34-35, NKJV)
In other words, God has no “pet” or “favourite” child. So, what helps us have a “high-speed” connection with Him?
Here are 7 practical keys:
- Think regularly about the Lord…the Bible says that as we think in our hearts, so are we! (Proverbs 23:7)
- Immerse yourself in His Word…not just by one dry reading, but rather by meditating on several verses, on a word that you dwell on in your heart.
- Let the Holy Spirit move in your life…starting with letting Him speak to you! For many Christians, it’s not natural to hear God’s voice, but those who do have a better connection!
- Put habits, spiritual disciplines, into place, like Jesus who regularly went to the Garden of Gethsemane to pray.
- Praise and worship God in song! Worship connects us with God! When we praise Him by singing, for example, we shine with joy, and our faces are not ashamed. (see Psalm 34:5)
- Be thankful. Gratitude brings us closer to God’s heart. Begin and end your days with “Thank You, Lord, for…” and then say at least 5 things you’re grateful for.
- Emulate those whose faith is great! Paul said, “‘Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ.’” (1 Corinthians 11:1) Seek out role models, imitate them, and quite naturally, you’ll see the Lord act more in your life!
This list isn’t all-inclusive, but it’s a good start!
Whatsapp the word Know to above number to connect with us.